Who can check out Hotspots?
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older and must read, understand, and sign a form agreeing to all requirements in the presence of a library staff member EACH TIME a Mobile HotSpot is checked out.
- A valid Clinton Library card AND a current driver’s license, passport, or military photo ID must be presented at the time of checkout.
- Patrons must be in good standing with the library with a current address on file and no fines above $5.
Fines and Liability
- The overdue fine for a Mobile HotSpot is $1.00 per day until returned.
- Patrons will be charged $25 for Mobile HotSpots returned to a book drop or to another library.
- The Mobile HotSpot should be kept in a temperature controlled environment; DO NOT leave it in your car.
- The patron is responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of the Mobile HotSpot and or peripherals. Peripherals include: Mobile Hotspot Unit, Power Adapter, and Power Cord.
HotSpot Use Guidelines
- WiFi HotSpot checkout for $7 for 7 days due at checkout.
- Mobile HotSpots may be checked out from and returned to the circulation desk.
- Mobile HotSpots will be deactivated within 24 hours of due date.
- The Mobile HotSpot can provide Wi-Fi Internet access for up to 10 devices.
- NOTE TO PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Internet Content filtering is NOT provided though the Wireless HotSpot. Parents/Guardians are responsible for monitoring what their children access via the Wireless HotSpot.
Replacement Costs for Lost/Stolen Units
- Mobile HotSpot Unit: $115
- Power Adapter: $10
- Power Cord: $10
- Case: $10
- Total Replacement Cost: $150