It’s official! You can now use your Kindle (or the Kindle apps for your PC, iPhone, Blackberry, Android, etc.) to check out library books!
You will need:
- A valid library card from the Clinton Public Library.
- (This will be used to create a READS/Overdrive account.)
- A WiFi connection (or USB and a computer with an internet connection).
- An Amazon account.
Go to the R.E.A.D.S. website (http://reads.lib.overdrive.com) and log in with your Clinton Public Library card number.
- Browse or search Kindle eBooks.
- Put the Kindle eBook in your cart, select the loan period, and check out.
- Click the “Get for Kindle” button. (This redirects you to Amazon.)
- Click the “Get Library Book” button.
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Continue to download to your registered Kindle or Kindle app.
NOTE: Public library books can be downloaded to your Kindle ONLY by WiFi connection or USB. They will NOT transfer through the 3G network.
NOTE: Library books checked out on your Kindle/app WILL expire. However, your notes and highlights will be saved with Amazon and will be restored to the book if you check it out again or decide to purchase it.