How Do I Get a Library Card?
The first library card is free and available to all Tennessee residents who meet the requirements. There is no minimum age; however applicants must be able to print their first and last names.
Identification (photo ID), phone number and proof of residence showing a current mailing address are required.
Cards will be renewed every three years.
Juveniles under the age of 18 need a parent or legal guardian’s permission and signature. Parents are responsible for material checked out on their child’s card.
The cardholder (or the parent/guardian listed on a juvenile’s account) is responsible for any material checked out on his/her card. This includes lost, damaged, and stolen material.
There will be a $1.00 fee to replace a card that has been lost, damaged, or stolen.
Borrowing privileges for DVDs will be suspended if a DVD is overdue or if there is an outstanding fine from a returned DVD. These fines must be paid in full before checking out any additional DVDs.
For all other items, borrowing privileges will be suspended when material is listed as 30 days overdue or fines have reached $5.00. Privileges will be restored once material is accounted for and fines are below $5.00.
The Clinton Public Library is happy to provide materials in a variety of formats.
We have books (including large-type books), magazines, audiobooks on CD, and DVDs.
Cardholders may also access eBooks, downloadable audiobooks, and other resources online.
- Books, magazines, and audiobooks: 14 days
- DVDs: 7 days (DVDs are limited to 3 per library card)
(Patrons under the age of 18 may only check out DVDs that have been designated by the library as “Juvenile” DVDs.)
- Reserves may be placed on materials that are currently checked out.
- Reserves ready to be picked up will be held for a customer for three business days.
- To maintain confidentiality and protect the privacy of our customers, only the customer who has reserved the item will be told its title.
- DVDs may not be renewed. All other items may be renewed twice.
- Items may be renewed either in person, by phone, or online.
- Items that are on reserve for someone else may not be renewed.
Fines and Fees
- A daily fine will be charged for each item that is overdue.
- Books, magazines, audiobooks: 10 cents per item, per day.
- DVDs: $1.00 per item, per day.
Lost and Damaged Material
- The charge for lost material or damaged material will be the retail cost of the item.
The library is not responsible for personal equipment damaged by library materials.